I have been very very good the past three weeks as I’ve not eaten anything really deep-fried. But I miss fried chicken. I scoured the net for oven baked fried chicken and came across several. I decided to follow some bits here and there from what I’ve read and watched and decided to do it my way. My way turned out pretty good although, sigh, here it comes…bland. Again, not enough SALT on the meat. The coating etc was fine, but when you bite into the white flesh, you knowinstantaneously that it needs SALT. Anyway, since many of us Asians love to eat our chicken with chilli sauce, it wasn’t bad at all.
1. In a flat dish, beat one egg and season with salt and paprika.
2. In another flat dish, add crushed cornflakes. Make sure they’re pretty fine but not powdery. Have a bit of crunch. Season with lots of herbs provence (mixture of dried herbs) and salt and black pepper.
3. Take a piece of chicken (skin removed) and dip in the egg mixture. After that, coat in the cornflake mixture and then place in the roasting tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
4. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, turning them at the halfway mark.
5. Serve with salad, mashed potatoes etc.
The next time I make this, I’ll soak in buttermilk overnight first. It really does make the chicken white, softer and juicier.
Try making this healthier option when you can. 😀