Even though it finally rained here today, it’s still super hot immediately after the rain is over. It’s been so so hot so I have no energy to cook.
But the family needs lunch. And so the easiest thing to cook is really a Japanese bowl.
All I needed to do was:
1. Make the tamago from scratch
2. Use bottled teriyaki sauce on the salmon belly
3. Use leftover ingredients like pickled carrots from when I made banh mi and freshly cut cucumbers
4. Make an easy miso soup using packaged dashi soup stock and dried seaweed with leftover fishballs/mushroom balls from when I made yong tau foo (Singapore/Malaysian dish. I’ll share this one day)
5. Tomago. Bottled purchased from a supermarket
The rest is all about assembling.
A simple Japanese affair on a weekend. Enjoy the weekend, everyone!